The aim of this public consultation is to collect :
- views on the over 120 smart specialisation strategies developed by the EU regions and countries, their implementation and evolution, to better understand challenges, and to identify good practices and lessons learnt,
- information on projects and initiatives that follow the smart specialisation approach to focus efforts on unique innovation strengths of each region
- suggestions for future Commission actions to help implement the smart specialisation strategies and to evolve the concept, optimising their capacity to generate new jobs and growth through transforming industries, and to tackle major challenges that society is facing.
- Target group for the consultation are stakeholders who make innovation happen in the EU, especially businesses or business support organisations, national/regional/local public authorities including managing authorities, research and innovation organisations.
- To have your say on smart specialisation, please respond via the on-line questionnaire by 24 March 2017: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/en/newsroom/consultations/smart-specialisation/